Saturday, August 02, 2008

Saturday 2nd August

I managed an hour and a half around New Hythe today from 10am. As I left a Nuthatch called loudly from Birling Churchyard. First I have heard here since the winter. Very quiet bird-wise this morning around the lakes. 2 Willow Warbler huueeeting around the West Scrub, a brief burst from a Cettis Warbler, Mistle Thrush, Green Woodpecker and Sparrowhawk were about it.
I was principally looking for Small Red-Eyed Damselfly but no sign again as I searched through all the Red-Eyed Damsels. Still plenty of Gatekeeper around and a few Meadow Brown. I have started scanning all the Buddleia in desperation for Small Tortoiseshell - I haven'thad one here (or anywhere else for that matter for 2 years) 1 Slow Worm in the East Scrub. 3 Water Vole were by the divers car park bridge it was like Piccadilly Circus there so I managed to grab only one shot.

Red-Eyed Damselfly

Water Vole


3 Comments:

At 3:53 pm, Blogger Greenie said...

Steve ,
Love that Water Vole shot , never tire of them .
The Red Eyed Damselflies have lasted really well this year , the Small must emerge any day now .

 
At 5:24 pm, Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness a water vole.....I love them.....how lucky to see so many......that is a wonderful thing to share, thank you.....

 
At 7:26 pm, Blogger Warren Baker said...

See you found it pretty quiet as well steve. The birds are there.........somewhere, just good at hiding!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home