Saturday, January 05, 2008

Saturday 5th January

I was out between 9 and 10.30 today. I had a brief visit on Thursday to Alders and thought I heard a Lesser Spotted woodpecker calling near the top of Lunsford Lane. I tried again this morning but no sign.


CORMORANT ALDERS LAKE

As time was short I drove around to Brooklands Lake car park. Walking around Brooklands there was a small flock of c10 Siskin in the Alders, a Sparrowhawk over as well as 7 Lapwing, a small flock of c4 Bullfinch, Goldcrest, Great Spotted Woodpecker and a Chiffchaff calling back in the car park.

SISKIN

6 Comments:

At 4:06 pm, Blogger Warren Baker said...

Hi Steve,
Snap!! I found some photographic siskin today. Like the Cormorant.

 
At 4:06 pm, Blogger Warren Baker said...

Hi Steve,
Snap!! I found some photographic siskin today. Like the Cormorant.

 
At 10:25 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Some nice photos of the Siskin Steve.

 
At 4:50 pm, Blogger David Payne said...

Hi Steve

Thanks for the visit to the blog, suppose I will have to start writing something. I will try and find some Siskins now at Brooklands; I thought I heard some Bearded Tits pinging in the sunken marsh last week, have you heard any recently?

David

 
At 6:30 pm, Blogger Steve said...

David - I haven't heard the bearded tits but this is a good time of year for them...I will keep a look out....

 
At 10:49 am, Blogger Tony Morris said...

Nice photos. Normally Siskins here just pass through, I hardly ever see them at St Margaret's in the winter, just on passage. Much the same with the winter thrushes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home