Saturday, December 29, 2007

Saturday 29th December

My 200th post to my blog today so I hoped for something good today.......'fraid not too exciting during my visit 1pm to 3pm. The weather however was beautiful - very still and sunny.

Best sightings were 6+ Bullfinch along the path between the Medway and Abbey Mead - there have been alot of Bullfinches along here this winter. A Sparrowhawk soared over the sunken marsh as I scanned in hope for a Buzzard over the North Downs, the weather looked excellent for raptors today. 20+ Lapwing flew behind the Paper Mill - probably feeding at Holborough Marshes.

BURHAM CHURCH VIEWED FROM THE SUNKEN MARSH

A male Stonechat was showing well in the scrub across from Tesco Lake as I returned to the car. A 'Crest called loudly and sharply near the west end of the scrape - I hoped for a Firecrest but couldn't get the bird to show despite 'pishing' for a few minutes. It didn't call again so I probably scared it off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home