Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thursday 27th December

A very dank morning today for my visit between 8.30 and 9.45.

BLACK HEADED GULLS ON ICE ON ALDERS LAKE

I parked on Lunsford Lane and scanned Alders Lake. Quiet, the Gulls standing out really well. Over towards Tesco Lake, a Black Swan looked regal gliding close to the edge. Obviously an escape but I havent seen one here for a few years.


BLACK SWAN ON TESCO LAKE

A Spaarowhawk flew low over the scrape and a Water Rail screeched from the reeds on the Millstream Lake- a Cettis also called briefly. On the Railway Lake a pair of Great Crested Grebe were performing their head shaking courtship display. 10 Redwing flew up from the East scrub with a Green Woodpecker as I passed. A quick scan of Abbey Mead which was very quiet and I retraced my steps flushing a Meadow Pipit from near the round pond.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home