Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thursday 25th October

A visit this morning between 9am and 10.45. The weather was dank, drizzly and overcast.

I parked on Lunsford Lane and checked Alders Pit first. A flock of 20+ LT Tits buzzed around me as I checked the flocks of Tufties and Coot for something scarce - but nothing out of the ordinary. The first of numerous Redwing called as it flew overhead.

After checking the gulls on Tesco Lake I headed towards the scrape - quiet as usual. The East Scrub area however was alive with Fieldfare, Redwing and Blackbirds. I heard a possible Ring Ouzel deep in cover but it didn't show for me to confirm the ID. 3 or 4 Meadow Pipits called, as well as a Green Woodpecker, 5 Mistle Thrush and a charm of Goldfinch.

I headed over the railway and towards the sunken marsh. A scan of the river revealed 10+ Teal and a Redshank. 2 Bullfinch called as well as several Goldcrest. A Redpoll showed briefly in the sunken marsh and a Lapwing flapped over.

Back around Abbey Mead I added 3 more Cettis to my total of 5 calling birds. Back over the railway a Sparrowhawk shot past and I added 3 more Meadow Pips near the round pond.

It was still barely light by the time I left so no photos today.

1 Comments:

At 5:18 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Great to hear you've got Redpoll on your patch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home