Saturday, July 01, 2006

Saturday July 1st


I was out of the house at 05.15 this morning as I wanted to go and photograph the Musk Orchid and spend some time at New Hythe.

I was at the Musk Orchid site the other side of Snodland by 05.25 and took a few pictures. A really hard Orchid to do justice photographically as it is so small - this one was about 6cm tall. Managed some OK record shots, but i think I will go back and try again.

I was at New Hythe by 06.10. A Blackcap was singing from the dead tree by the Water Works entrance. A juv BH Gull was the only bird of interest on the scrape.

A Chiffchaff was still chiff-chaffing loudly from the east scrub and a Lesser Whitethroat was calling nearby.

The other other notable bird sighting was a Great Crested Grebe with young on its back on Abbey Mead pit.

A Red Admiral and Large Skipper were by the bridge near the scrape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home