Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tuesday 27th June

A visit between 05.50 and 06.50 this morning. Weather fairly cool and overcast.

First note today was that I didn't hear one Nightgale this morning. I wonder whether that is the last I will hear of them for another year?

A dog walker flushed a Cuckoo from near the divers car park and it flew past me and over the scrape.

A Lesser Whitethroat was also rattling near in the East scrub area. A few hirundines over very high - House or Sand Martin. Over the railway to Abbey Mead - 2 more Lesser Whitethroat and 2 Cettis calling as well as another Cuckoo.

A single Reed Warbler singing in the reeds and 2 more alongside Brooklands Lake, and another at the end of the Millstream.

A quiet morning today - a real June lull birdwise. This Blackcap was singing as I arrived back at the Water Works entrance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home