Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tuesday June 13th

I had planned on a visit of an hour or so this afternoon but I had to cut this to about 40 minutes as the heavens opened and I got soaked to the skin. Out between 14.40 and 15.20.


Bird wise it was very quiet. A few singing Chiffchaff, Whitethroat and Reed Warbler and a family party of Mistle Thrush the only birds of note.

Pyramidal Orchid is now out in force with lots of spikes and many more Bee and Common Spotted as well.

New Dragonfly species for the year were good numbers of Black Tailed Skimmer being flushed from the path under my feet and a single Emperor.

A single Speckled Wood and this Common Blue as well as my first Painted Lady of the year were the only butterflies I saw. One male Slow Worm was the only other sighting of note before the rain came down.

1 Comments:

At 4:12 am, Blogger Jeannine said...

Steve,
I came across your page in the process of searching out the pest on my river birch! Not sure how I ended up here but certainly glad I did. Your photos are beautiful! As an artist and gardener I was in heaven. Thank you for sharing them. I must ask what type of camera you are using?
So I spent so much time enjoying your images I never did catch my pest!
Sincerely , Jeannine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home