Sunday, March 08, 2009

Saturday 6th March

I am finding it difficult to find the time to get out at the moment....highlights of the last couple of weeks are lots of Common Buzzard seen in the area - 2 over Wrotham (1st) , 1 Ryarsh (6th) , 1 Detling Hill and virtually daily from the M25 near Clacketts Services. Also a Tawny Owl calling from Birling Churchyard on the 2nd and Little Owl calling near my house nightly.

Driving past New Hythe today I saw a large bird over the trees near the Water Works - I pulled in quickly and grabbed my camera to get a record shot of a Bittern.....apologies for the quality! - but at least I got a snap!

Bittern

9 Comments:

At 8:12 am, Blogger Greenie said...

Steve ,
Great shot of the Bittern in flight . I just wish I had the opportunity with my Red Kite yesterday .

 
At 8:54 am, Blogger abbey meadows said...

I'd be very proud of that 'record shot.'

 
At 11:26 am, Blogger Warren Baker said...

was it flying my way steve? !!

 
At 11:34 am, Blogger Phil and Mandy said...

Thats a good spot and a good photo Steve.

 
At 8:24 pm, Blogger Steve said...

Nice Bittern shot. I suppose it wont be there when I visit the lakes tomorrow.

 
At 9:20 pm, Blogger Adam said...

Welcome back - what an comeback with that pic!

Ad

 
At 9:50 pm, Blogger Ken. said...

Hello Steve.
Great shot on the run. Not just any old bird, either.Well done. I will have to spend more time looking up and hope I see 1 or 2 Common Buzzards flying over Halling.

 
At 5:06 pm, Blogger alan woodcock said...

Steve,nice shot,even though it must have been hurried.I ringed a Tristis Chiff at N H,in the winter of 1993,their call is also different.

 
At 7:45 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Great shot Steve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home