Sunday, November 02, 2008

Sunday 2nd November

Just back from a week in North Berwick - no chance of any wildlife watching although I did see a few Buzzard, Eider, Gannet, Grey Seal, Stoat, Purple Sandpiper in passing.

This morning I made a attempt again for the Halling Red-backed Shrike - I heard it had been seen up until late last week. I spent almost 2 hours on Halling Common but no sign. I did note a Stoat, Little Egret, 30+ Redwing, several Fieldfare, 2 Snipe, 2 Green Woodpecker, Goldcrest, 3 Goldfinch, Grey Wagtail, 10+ Meadow Pipit and 10 Lapwing.
I dropped in very briefly to New Hythe and had a couple of flyover Siskin

STOAT

LITTLE EGRET

6 Comments:

At 4:06 pm, Blogger Greenie said...

Steve ,
Good to have you back .
Like the Stoat shot .
Still a chance for the Shrike .

 
At 4:24 pm, Blogger Warren Baker said...

Nice Egret shot Steve. Thats one i've not managed to photo yet.

 
At 4:43 pm, Blogger John Young said...

Hi Steve, gripped by the stoat, might have to pay Halling a visit if one is in the area.

 
At 7:39 pm, Blogger Ken. said...

Hi Steve.
Shame about the Shrike.Still it could still be here. I stopped off at North Berwick myself on the way back from the Highlands of Scotland in July. Went to The Seabird Centre and then scoped up Bass Rock.I saw circa 60,000 prs of Gannets. I had read about it years ago, so I had to go and see for myself while I was in the area.What a site.
I'm looking forward to getting out and about again to do some birding.Nice photo's Steve.

 
At 9:27 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Scotland Steve. Welldone with the Stoat photo! Nice Robin shot.

 
At 10:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stoats a great sighting, and I nice pic of an egret too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home