Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday 16th November

Out between 9.15 and 11am today. I parked in Brooklands Lake car park and wandered to meet Terry Laws who was standing in the north east corner of the sunken marsh. A couple of Goldcrest called as I wandered over towards him and 6 Teal came up off the river. A Reed Bunting also called but remained hidden and a few small Redwing flocks went over. Whilst talking to Terry a lone Fieldfare went past and a couple of Mistle Thrush sat on a pylon and a few Rook went over as did a Kestrel. Cettis called constantly.

On my way back around I added a couple of Bullfinch, 2 or 3 more Goldcrest and a sizeable Long tailed Tit flock. A quiet morning......

3 Comments:

At 2:07 pm, Blogger Warren Baker said...

Had a Little egret over my patch today Steve. No Redwings all weekend here.

 
At 4:45 pm, Blogger Josh Jenkins Shaw said...

Good stuff Steve. I have noticed an overall lower number of winter thrushes so far this autumn. I should visit New Hythe, sounds like a good place and I could add some Kent ticks to my list.
JJS

 
At 1:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve, nice to see you make it out two days in a row! I've been on leave for the last two weeks and managed to get over there most days. Didn't see much of note though (one goldcrest two weeks ago, must learn their call as haven't seen any apart from that!). Lots of Redwing (50+) on Southern end of sunken marsh mid-last-week, nice to be able to walk that path again. First Kingfisher over the lakes in what seems like forever last week as well. Give me a text when you're next down there of a weekend.

Greg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home