Saturday, November 15, 2008

15th November 2008

I managed to get out between 3.30 and 5pm today - light was already failing when I arrived. My aim was to look out for Bittern at dusk in the area where it has been seen regularly in previous winters. Unfortunately no sign but I will keep trying when I have the opportunity.

I did see a flyover Little Egret, 2-3 Grey Wagtail on the Millstream, a calling Chiffchaff, 6+ Goldcrest, several calling Water Rail and a Cettis Warbler. Interestingly no Redwing around.

Light of course too poor for any pictures.....

2 Comments:

At 9:10 pm, Blogger Cheryl said...

I have only seen one Redwing so far this year.....I have heard plenty......they are in the hedgerows here taking haws.....

 
At 11:16 pm, Blogger Ken. said...

Hi Steve.
I haven't heard of many Bitterns being around yet, so it's just a matter of time before one returns to the lakes, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home