Sunday, August 05, 2007

Saturday 4th August

After last nights late visit I didn't manage to get out at dawn today - instead I visited late afternoon 5pm to around 7pm. It was an extremely hot day with temperatures still in the early 20s by the time I left.

It turned out to be a good visit for me with a New Hythe first - 2+ Purple Hairstreak around the top of an Oak tree just over the stile to Abbey Mead. This was a butterfly that I was hoping to add. They are extremely under recordedand probably much more widespread than people think. I was really pleased with that - but they were too high in the tree top to get any decent pictures. Also several Holly Blue, Gatekeeper, Speckled Wood, Red Admiral, 6+ Slow Worm. The only bird of note was a fly over Rook - always a scarce bird for New Hythe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home