Saturday, July 07, 2007

Saturday 7th July

First some late news which I kept off the blog as this bird was a possible breeder and prone to egg collectors. On Saturday 23rd June I found a Marsh Warbler - I will keep the exact location under wraps. The bird showed very well and sang continuously in the early morning - mimicing Reed warbler, Blackbird, Swallow, House Martin amongst its varied and vivd song. I saw it again on Sunday 24th and Monday 25th June and it was seen by someone else on Tuesday 26th. I couldn't find it on Wednesday 27th but found it again last Saturday in another area. I have found Marsh Warbler here before (I think it has bred here in the dim and distant past) but not for at least 6 years. I did manage a few pictures.



MARSH WARBLER

Now back to this morning Saturday 7th July........

I arrived at 5.45 on a beautiful morning. Lots of young birds around today. In total I saw/heard 15 Whitethroat, 10 Reed Warbler, 1 Turtle Dove, 8 Blackcap, 2 Cettis Warbler, 2 Mistle Thrush, 1 Green Woodpecker and several LBB Gulls. I also saw 2 Gatekeeper, 1 Large White and 2 Common Darter.


GATEKEEPER

1 Comments:

At 11:12 am, Blogger Simon said...

Thats fantastic, great to here about the Marsh Warbler.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home