Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Wednesday 11th July

A visit this morning between 5.40am and 6.30am before work. A few spits of rain but generally bright. As I arrived a few Swift were going over and I walked over the bridge towards the West Scrub. A Reed Warbler was singing in the Millstream - they seem to be one of the few birds singing at the moment. As I entered the West Scrub I flushed a juv Green Woodpecker from the ground and heard a snatch of Willow Warbler song. Across the East scrub a family party of 4-5 Bullfinch were feeding in the bushes and I heard a snatch of Lesser Whitethroat song. A Fox appeared briefly and shot off when it saw me.

FOX

I walked over the stile to Abbey Mead but it was quiet apart from 2 Great Crested Grebe. As time was short I walked back towards the West Scrub by the fishing lakes. 3+ Reed Warbler singing along here. As I reached the bridge by the divers car-park I watched a Water Vole feeding. Light wasn't great but I managed a few pictures.


WATER VOLE

In addition to the above around 7pm last night I had a Hummingbird Hawkmoth around home. I grabbed my camera, took about 10 pictures and then realised I'd left my memory card in my PC! Ahhhhhhhhh. Hopefully it will come back!

2 Comments:

At 12:37 pm, Blogger Adam said...

Done it myself many a time Steve! Suprised you'd manage to get a photo the things move so bloody fast!

Adam

 
At 5:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Wonderful photos of the vole.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home