Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday 6th May

This is my anniversary post - a year to the day since I started my blog. Today was a bit unusual. My visit was between 10.45 and 12.45 and instead of going straight to New Hythe I decided to pay a visit to Holborough Marshes Kent Wildlife Trust reserve that is adjacent to New Hythe. I was hoping to find Man Orchid - a little early but I did find 3 starting to bloom.

MAN ORCHID - HOLBOROUGH MARSH NR NEW HYTHE

In addition to the Orchids I heard 1 Nightingale, 1 Cettis and saw 2 Kingfisher. Also 1 Water Vole, 2 Orange Tip (male and female) and a Green Veined White (my first this year)

GREEN VEINED WHITE - HOLBOROUGH

It wasn't long however before I was down the road at New Hythe. Here, befitting of my year doing the blog, I had a New Hythe first - a Grizzled Skipper in the east scrub near the pylon - really pleased with that.

GRIZZLED SKIPPER - EAST SCRUB

2 Slow Worm were also in the east scrub, 1 Red Admiral in the West Scrub, 3 Nightingale, 1 Swift 6 Whitethroat and 2 Willow Warbler were seen in my brief visit. Also managed to snap this showy Blackcap.


BLACKCAP NEAR THE SCRAPE

1 Comments:

At 8:19 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Steve, thats great news about you seeing your first Grizzled Skipper for New Hythe, and taking a good photo of it as well!

Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home