Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday April 27th

A Tawny Owl was hooting in Birling Churchyard from about 3am......I managed to resist the temptation to go out with my torch and have a look. You get some strange looks wandering around a graveyard in the middle of the night. Believe me, I have done it. This mornong I had an hour visit to New Hythe between 6 and 7am. The weather was overcast with a cool breeze. Only time for a walk around the east and west scrub, down to Brook House and then over towards the round pond.

6 Nightingale in this area this morning, 2 Cuckoo, 3+ Reed Warbler, 7 Whitethroat, 2 Willow Warbler and 1 Lesser Whitethroat.

The first flowers are appearing on the Water Violet in the ditch that runs in front of the scrape by as you walk in from the Water Works entrance. The light was too poor for any decent pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home