Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Tuesday May 1st

A visit between 6am and 7.30am this morning. Weather bright and sunny.

I parked near Alders Lake, no sign of last nights Little Gull. There was 'another' Nightingale in full song here and a Cettis that I didn't count on Saturday's walk. A Sparrowhawk soared over near the scrape and a pair were displaying together over Abbey Mead. The whole area is full of bird song at the moment. 3 Cuckoo in total this morning and a single Turtle Dove above the sunken marsh.
A Hairy Dragonfly in the East Scrub was my first of the year. A brief view of a Water Vole again by the divers bridge.


HAIRY DRAGONFLY - EAST SCRUB


WHITETHROAT

4 Comments:

At 12:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, I expect you saw the excitement on kosnet a few months ago over lake naming at Cliffe and New Hythe, which one is Alder's lake?

Thanks

David

 
At 5:17 pm, Blogger Steve said...

Hi David, Alders is the one on the corner of the A228 and Lunsford Lane. If you scroll down my blog I put a map on a few months back.

Steve

 
At 8:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Steve, helpful map

David

 
At 3:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve

Lunchtime visit today (2/5) heard nightingale, turtle dove and saw the sandmartins, all new birds for me, I've found your blog very helpful, thanks

David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home