Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday April 20th

A visit between 06.00 and 07.15 this morning. Cloudy, overcast and cool.


A Cettis called as I pulled in by the Water Works and I quickly heard my first Willow Warbler in the West Scrub - the first of 6 heard this morning. A Whitethroat called nearby and the first of 6 Nightinagle sang from the top of the path to Brook House. 2 Mistle Thrush were present as usual in the East scrub as were 3 more Whitethroat (5 in total here this morning)

Over the railway and towards the top of Abby Mead and the sunken marsh. 2 Shelduck were up off the river and the only Lesser Whitethroat of the morning rattled from the bushes. A lone Turtle Dove and single Cuckoo were on wires over the sunken marsh and a Sparrowhawk rapidly flapped and glided low across the reeds. A dog Fox quickly turned tail when he rounded a corner and saw me.


DAWN OVER THE SUNKEN MARSH

I rounded the top of Brooklands and headed back down the railway line another fox was in the distance along the path and 2 Jay flew ahead.

As I crossed the railway and walked backed to my car a Green Woodpecker called and I heard the Reed Warbler again in the reeds at the end of the Millstream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home