Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday 13th April PM

I am trying to visit as much as possible during the Spring so I shot in for a quick half an hour on my way home from work. My aim was really butterflies and reptiles more than birds.


1 Peacock, 1 Comma (a second tatty individual seen along the Millstream) and 1 Speckled Wood in the West Scrub area.

SPECKLED WOOD

PEACOCK

COMMA

Over in the east scrub area I found 3 Common Lizard, 1 Grass Snake (my first of the year) and 3 Slow Worm. On the bird front 3 Willow Warbler sang throughout my brief visit. 2 Mistle Thrush were active in the east scrub and 2 Green Woodpecker and a Great Spotted Woodpecker showed were seen.

COMMON LIZARD


COMMON LIZARD

1 Comments:

At 11:11 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Hi Steve

Glad to see you have seen your first Speckled Wood butterfly of the year.

Simon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home