Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Wednesday 3rd January

Last day before I go back to work.....I was on duty with the kids today but did managed to drag my 4 year old and 1 year old out for a stroll/push. I parked by Alders Lake on Lundsford Lane. A female Goldeneye was on the lake with good numbers of Gadwall (c15). We walked past Tesco Lake which held c200 BH Gull and a few LBB, Herring and 2 Common Gull. We did add one new bird to the New Hythe year list as 3 Greenfinch settled briefly in an Alder.

Back out at the weekend.......

3 Comments:

At 4:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve
Just discovered your New Hythe blog. Very nice reading,I too spend some time around this area as I live in Springfield Rd (bottom of Lunsford)like your photo's, thinking of having a go myself. Keep up the good work.

Phil

 
At 5:19 pm, Blogger Ken. said...

Hi Steve. I am a disabled birder,aged 51 and have lived at Halling for 5 years now and go to the lakes birding as often as I can, but can you please tell me where you call Millstream Lake and the Waterworks,for parking.Just a thought but how about putting a map of the lakes on your blog. Good to have a regular update of whats about at Hew Hythe. The old website hasn't changed in years. If you want to email me my address is Kenboybirder@aol.com
Good Birding. Ken.

 
At 8:10 pm, Blogger Steve said...

Thanks for both of your replies! Nice to know someone reads this. Phil, I obviously know Springfield Road as I sometimes park there to have a scan of what i call Motorway Lake.

Ken, there is a map on the KOS web site (under the NW Kent sightings page) If you can't find it let me know and I will email it to you.

Thanks again....Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home