Sunday, December 31, 2006

Sunday 31st December

Last visit of the year - out between 08.00 and 9.50. Weather bright and 8 degrees.

As I parked up at the Water Works a GS Woodpecker flew across me calling, followed by a small flock of Redwing and a single Fieldfare. There are plenty of Redwing here at the moment but Fieldfare are thin on the ground. I checked the Bittern spot but no sign and only one red head Goosander present this morning.

Over to Abbeymead which is being fished heavily at the moment 2 Little Grebe and a drake Goldeneye here. I then walked via Brooklands Lake to the sunken marsh. The Ferruginous Duck was showing well in the middle of Brooklands. At the sunken marsh a Peregrine flew over and two Sparrowhawk soared. A Kestrel was inspecting the box on the building the other side of the Medway. 3 Teal flew up from the Medway and 2+ Cettis Warbler called from the reedbed. I again scanned for Bearded Tit but just heard a distant call.

I walked back around the other side of Abbey Mead but didn't add anything else apart from a Green Woodpecker and 2 Jay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home