Saturday, December 16, 2006

Saturday December 16th

A visit between 08.30 and 10.15 this morning. Weather really murky although it did brighten a little towards the end of the visit.

I checked the Motorway pit again for an early Smew but it was very quiet, I then checked Alders Pit - plenty of Tufties/Pochard/Gadwall and a few Shoveler but nothing else of note. I then drove around to the Water Works entrance. A flock of 20+ Redwing were in the bushes here as I walked to check the Millstream Lake. The pair of Goosander showed well this morning - the male has a very pink tinged breast. I checked all the reed beds this side of the railway for Bittern but no sign.

Over to Abbey Mead - there is now a pair of Goldeneye here with lots more Redwing and a few Fieldfare along the railway. 2 Cettis called as I walked around Brooklands Lake and as I passed up the Millstream back to the car a Chiffchaff called and showed well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home