Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sunday January 7th

A visit between 09.15 and 10.45 this morning. Weather overcast with some light drizzle.

6 Goldfinch flew over as I scanned the scrape which held 7 Lapwing sheltering on one of the islands. 2 Green Woodpecker and numerous Redwing as I walked across the open area before crossing the railway line. I walked up the path beside the railway track with Abbey Mead on my right. Good numbers of Redwing along here with a few Fieldfare nd a Jay. I was looking for the Firecrest that was seen at the top of this path yesterday.....no sign unfortunately.

The first of 4 Cettis heard today called along this path. I found a LT Tit/Blue Tit flock and hoped the Firecrest would be associating with these birds but no sign. I walked past the sunken marsh and over to the river, several Teal on the Medway with a lone Shelduck. 15 Lapwing flew over towards Holborough.

Back around Brooklands, no sign of the Ferruginous in a brief scan. Back along the Millstream where there were 10+ Goldfinch in the Alders and a Grey Wagtail called near the Water Works - number 58 for the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home