Saturday, August 19, 2006

Saturday 19th August

A visit between 06.45 and 08.30 this morning.

Concerning that the water levels on the scrape are still very high. There had been a burst water pipe but that had been fixed more than two weeks ago so I will contact the warden again to find out what is happening. The water board had to break down the barriers to stop people walking around the scrape to get their vans in. These have now been replaced by large metal demountable fences. Looks terrible.

As the scrape is now so full it is not going to pull in any of the hoped for Autumn migrants. This morning it held a Grey Heron and a fly over Green Sandpiper.

Elsewhere it was very quiet. A few Whitethroat, Blackcap and Willow Warblers, 5 Green Woodpecker (incl at least 3 juvs), Great Spotted Woodpecker, Kingfisher, 3 Swallow, 6 House Martin and a single Swift was about it.

No pictures today as when I took my camera out to take a picture I realised I'd left my memory card in my PC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home