Saturday, June 03, 2006

Friday June 2nd

A very brief visit to New Hythe this morning between 06.30 and 07.00. Weather was very cloudy with light drizzle.

A Cuckoo called as I parked my car and I watched a Blue Tit taking food to it’s nest in the top of the ‘Public Footpath’ sign by the Water Works.

I altered my usual walk as time was limited and I walked down towards Brook House. The only Nightingale I heard was singing loudly but remained hidden as I walked the path to Brook House. A Garden Warbler was singing and showed very well in the top of a bush and a Reed Warbler was also in full song in the ditch.

Apart from Whitethroat, 30 or so Swift and a fly past Kingfisher there was nothing else of note.


On my way home from work around 5.30 (well it is Friday!) I drove along the bridleway behind Birling where I live. This area is good for Spotted Flycatcher but I couldn’t find any today. I did however watch this Little Owl catch a mouse and fly up into a tree next to a Wood Pigeon to eat it. Apologies for the quality of the picture as it is quite heavily cropped.


Also 2 Turtle Dove and a 2 Red Legged Partridge. This is only about 2 miles from New Hythe but in all my time watching there I have never seen Little Owl or red Legged Partridge and Spotted Fly only once – guess that shows the importance of habitat.

1 Comments:

At 1:01 am, Blogger Romance Rosa de Sarom said...

Groups of Globalist Artists - SEC XXI

I WANT YOU TO TAKE A LOOK AT OUR BLOG TO SEE OUR WORK AND, IF IT’S POSSIBLE TO LEAVE COMENT THERE CAUSE YOUR CRITIC IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE IMPROVIMENT OF OUR WORK. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATE AND EXPOSE YOUR WORK THERE, CONTACT ME THROUGH MY E-MAIL: israelwest@sapo.pt

www.globalist-artist.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home