Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thursday May 25th


This is my first visit to New Hythe as I have been away since Saturday 20th May. Only a 45 minute pre-work visit but quite productive.

I scanned the scrape first and found a Common Sandpiper as well as 10 Black Headed Gulls with a few Swifts over. Then through the west scrub area where a Cuckoo was singing as was a Lesser Whitethroat, several Willow Warblers a Reed Warbler and several Whitethroat.

I then crossed the open area (East scrub) and scanned the Swifts flying over the warehouses - still no Hobby here for me this year...... a Nightingale and another Lesser Whitethroat were singing here.

Over to the railway pit I re-found the Brent Goose from a week or two back - swimming around in the middle of the pit.

As I walked back towards the scrape and my car I saw a bird feeding on the path - interesting it was a Cuckoo eating what looked like worms - never seen a Cuckoo on the deck before.

As I crossed the bridge towards the scrape a Little Egret flew up and over the A228 towards Snodland. This is a new year tick for New Hythe for me. Can't remember what that brings me too so I will add my list up later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home