Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Tuesday May 30th



A pre-work visit between 06.20 and 07.20 this morning.

Fairly quiet again today but a nice bright start. Blackcap and Whitethroat singing near the scrape and a Cuckoo singing continually. The scrape only held a few gulls so I walked through the West scrub and took a picture of the Common Spotted Orchid that I found yesterday.


There were two dog walkers ahead of me so the East scrub/open area was virtually empty.

I crossed over the railway to Abbey Mead where my first Lesser Whitethroat and Nightingale of the morning were singing. Nightingale are really quietening down now.

Down to Brooklands where 2-3 Reed Warbler were singing and the lake was awash with House Martin/Sand Martin and Swift.

Along the Millstream where I saw both Pied Wagtail and Mistle Thrush feeding young and heard several more Reed Warbler and Blackcap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home