Monday, May 29, 2006

Monday May 29th

Out between 06.30 and 08.00 this morning.

Quite bright early on. Scrape was quiet apart from 3 LBB Gulls and a couple of Swift over. A Turtle Dove and a Cuckoo were calling from the East Scrub as I started my walk. A single Common Spotted Orchid was my first here of the year. The only Nightingale of the morning was singing at the top of the path by the open area.

Lots of young birds about today - family parties of around 50 Starling were really entertaining. A Sedge Warbler was singing near the railway track and a Reed Warbler on the Railway pit.

I found this Clouded Border moth as I was trying to photograph this Yellow Flag by Abbey Mead pit. A single Common Tern was fishing on Abbey Mead and at least 3 Cettis were singing as I walked around.

3 Reed Warbler were singing from the reeds along the railway edge of Brooklands Lake and 3 Grey Wagtail flew over my head calling as I crossed the car park towards the bottom of the Mill Stream.

As I walked down the Mill Stream the heavens opened - that forced down a few hirundines. STILL NO HOBBY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home