Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunday 26th April

Well almost another frustrating weekend of non-birding but I did manage to get out for half an hour or so from 8pm - so catching the last half an hour of daylight.

I had been woken up at home this morning by a Cuckoo and was pleased to at last add one to my New Hythe list this year on my brief walk around the West and East scrub. Added to that 6 Nightingale, 3 Whitethroat, 2 Willow Warbler, 2 Green woodpecker and a solitary Slow Worm. Not a great list by any means but so good to get out!

Great to add Whitethroat to my garden list as well this year with one singing on Monday morning from the scrub near my house.

3 Comments:

At 8:50 pm, Blogger Ken. said...

Hi Steve.
Glad you managed to do a bit of wildlife watching. I look forward to seeing/hearing my first Cuckoo.

 
At 7:04 am, Blogger Greenie said...

Steve ,
Good to see you managed to get out , albeit just half an hour . Certaily made the most of it .

 
At 1:47 pm, Blogger Warren Baker said...

you are certainly on strict wildlife rations steve! At least half an hour is better than nothing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home