Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday 15th June

With our other three staying with their cousins and the new baby fast asleep I managed to get out for an hour and a half. I spent my time just in the east and west scrub and the area around the scrape.

Best sighting were 4-5 Twayblade which I found after a tip off from Jerry Warne. Also a few Bee Orchid, hundreds of Common Spotted Orchid and the first emerging Pyrammidal. 4 Slow Worm and a Common Lizard in the East Scrub and only 1 Red Admiral and 1 Common Blue Butterfly, 1 Male Black Tailed Skimmer and several teneral BT Skimmers, a few 4-Spotted Chasers and innumarable Blue-tailed, Common Blue and Azure Damsels.


Birds of note were 2 Nightingale, 3 Whitethroat, 1 Reed Bunting, 1 Green Woodpecker, 2 Willow Warbler and a Blackcap.

Twayblade


Bee Orchid

Juv. Starling



5 Comments:

At 3:26 pm, Blogger Josh Jenkins Shaw said...

Nice one, I had 2 Bee Orchids at Sevenoaks WR today, it was very exciting! Only managed 48 species of bird though!
Josh

 
At 4:56 pm, Blogger Warren Baker said...

I expect Owls will be featuring on your blog soon steve. What with those sleepless nights with the newborn coming up! :-)

 
At 6:50 pm, Blogger Steve said...

Ha ha! I reckon so Warren....give me an excuse to drive around the country lanes late at night on the pretense of getting the baby asleep!

 
At 8:23 am, Blogger Simon said...

Brilliant photos Steve.

 
At 9:36 pm, Blogger Cheryl said...

I love to read your posts and what you have seen or heard. I like to know nature is out there and doing its own thing.
The photographs are beautiful, they are a credit.
Hope baby is well and that you are managing to get some sleep.

All the best.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home