Saturday, May 03, 2008

Saturday 3rd May

A visit between 5.30am and 7.30am this morning. A very misty and cold start but it got progressively brighter. I added my first Garden Warbler of the year on the peninsula near Brook House. Apart from that what was most noticeable were Whitethroat numbers - I counted 25 in total. Also 15 Blackcap, 8 Nightingale, 13 Reed Warbler, 2 Lesser Whitethroat, 4 Cuckoo, 2 Turtle Dove, 1 Sedge Warbler, 1 Swift, 5 Willow Warbler, 6 Chiffchaff, 7 Song Thrush, 1 Bullfinch, 2 Shelduck, 1 Water Rail, 2 Shelduck and several young Heron feeding along the Medway.




WHITETHROAT
CUCKOO
BLACKCAP

Also 2 Water Vole, one by the divers bridge and another at the end of the Millstream by the Brooklands Car park entrance.

2 Comments:

At 3:55 pm, Blogger Warren Baker said...

sounds busy over at the lakes steve.
I heard a lesser Whitethroat from my back garden today, as i tried to listen, it came over the fence and landed in my elder tree.......no camera!!

 
At 4:21 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Welldone with the Garden Warbler Steve. Yet to have one in the park this year. Found a Nightingale in Mote Park this monring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home