Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thursday 24th April

A pre-work visit between 6am and 7.20am today....too murky for any photos. Some good numbers and one new bird for the year today - a Lesser Whitethroat rattling from the path between the railway and Abbey Mead - I think that is my 89th bird species of the year here..I must have a tot up! In addition to this 11 Nightingale, 15 Whitethroat, 11 Blackcap, 4 Reed Warbler, 1 Cuckoo (on wires over the sunken marsh), 6 Willow Warbler, 4 Chiffchaff, 6 Song Thrush, and 1 each of Great Spotted and Green Woodpecker.

Also one Water Vole in the drainage ditch between the east and west scrub.

2 Comments:

At 11:18 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Well done with the Lesser Whitethroat.

 
At 5:04 pm, Blogger Warren Baker said...

A lesser Whitethroat pic will be on my blog...........sometime this year!
Nice haul of migrant species Steve. Very envious. I have to work my patch hard for a fraction of that lot!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home