Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday 27th April

I only had the opportunity for an hour and a half visit today between 2.30 and 4 with a pushchair to keep my youngest contained. That meant I was limited to a wander around the east and west scrub area. Nothing new today but 16 Swift, 6 Nightingale, 5 Whitethroat, 2 Lesser Whitethroat, 1 Cuckoo, 3 Willow Warbler and numerous Blackcap.

Cuckoo (heavily cropped as distant)


Jay

2 Water Vole showed well by the divers car-park bridge and there were 2 Grass Snake, including a huge 2 footer, 3 Slow Worm and a Common Lizard in the east scrub and 1 Peacock in the West Scrub.

1 Comments:

At 8:20 pm, Blogger Ken. said...

Hi Steve.I am a disabled birder. I live in Halling,and New Hythe is my local patch.I go there whenever I am able to. I went down the lakes this afternoon(Fri 2May) for a couple of hours and as I went around the East Scrub I had a look under the black plastic sheets to see if anything was there.I was lucky to lift one up and find 5 Slow Worms.I would like to send you a picture in an email because one of them is not the normal colour,it is a redish brown. I have never seen one that colour before.Do you think you could send me your email address so that I can send the pictures. my email address is Kenboybirder@aol.com
I also saw 1 Fox.1 small Grass Snake,8 Slow Worms,1 Peacock, ! Red Admiral,I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers Ken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home