Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday 23rd April

A quick 45 minute visit between 4.30 and 5.15 today, I was hoping for some butterflies as the weather had brightened up after a dull and misty day. All I saw was a distant 'white' - probably a female Orange Tip but too distant to be sure.

I saw my first Common Lizard of the year as well as 3 Slow Worm and 2 Newt Efts.

Common Lizard



Bird-wise a singing Goldcrest in the West Srub was a a suprise, 5 singing Nightingale, 4 Whitethroat, 1 Sedge Warbler, 2 Green Woodpecker, 5 Willow Warbler, 1 Cettis, 2 Mistle Thrush, 1 Chiffchaff across the East and West scrub (which was as far as I got in the time!)

3 Comments:

At 7:32 pm, Blogger Warren Baker said...

hey steve nice Lizzard photo. I thought i'd done well with the snake ! I still have a bit to learn.

 
At 11:20 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Super Lizard pic Steve.

 
At 4:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great lizard pic Steve! Which lens did you use?

Greg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home