Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday 19th May

I didn't get to New Hythe at all over the weekend....our fourth child is due in less than a month so home called! I did a quick half an hour on Saturday out of home along the lane at 5am. A Cuckoo called and flew across the path in front of me. Also 4 Whitethroat were heard and a Yellowhammer sang as did a Skylark - two birds I don't see too often at New Hythe.

On Monday I did manage 45 mins at New Hythe between 5 and 5.45pm. I hoped for some butterflies but didn't see any at all. There were 100+ Swift screaming overhead, as well as a few sand martin and house martin on Alders. Several Whitethroat, Willow Warbler, Chiffchaff and Nightingale sang. A Water Vole was in the usual place, 2 Slow Worm, 1 Common Lizard, 2 Hairy Dragonfly, 1 Blue-Tailed Damsel and several Common-Blue Damsels completed the sightings.

Common Lizard

6 Comments:

At 9:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers Steve,

I see you've been shooting lizards too

John

 
At 8:35 am, Blogger Tony Morris said...

you've got some good reptile pictures Steve, I really like the V. Lizard.
Tony

 
At 4:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great lizard pic Steve.

Greg

 
At 6:16 pm, Blogger Warren Baker said...

I like the ''lounging Lizard'' Steve. Nice shot.

 
At 6:51 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Great Lizard photo Steve.

 
At 9:21 pm, Blogger John Young said...

Like the lizard Steve, great shot.
John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home