Monday, May 05, 2008

Monday May 5th

I had a couple of hours out yesterday afternoon (4th) and then a quick half an hour today was all I could manage.

GRIZZLED SKIPPER - HOLLY HILL


2 COMMON LIZARD - THEY WERE EVERYWHERE ON HOLLY HILL

Yesterday I went to Holly Hill first at around 1.30 - 2.30pm. 5 Grizzled Skipper, 2 Dingy Skipper, 2 Brimstone, 3 Orange Tip and a Peacock. Also 7 Slow Worm and numerous Common Lizard - rustles in the grass everywhere.

I then nipped down to New Hythe principally to try for Green Hairstreak - a species that has eluded me here for a number of years. No sign but I did see another nice Grizzled Skipper and managed a better photo than my last New Hythe effort.

GENUINE NEW HYTHE GRIZZLED SKIPPER!!

Today, Monday, I literally had a quick half an hour wander around the scrun to the west of the scrape, again on the look-out for Green Hairstreak. Still no luck but I did see 1 Holly Blue, 2 Orange Tip (males) and a Large White.

HOLLY BLUE - IN SCRUB BY SCRAPE

3 Comments:

At 10:56 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Welldone with the butterfly photos, they're fantastic!!

 
At 6:44 pm, Blogger Warren Baker said...

I had a pic. of holly blue steve, not as good as yours though. Glad I didn't put it on my blog now!!

 
At 8:36 pm, Blogger Kingsdowner said...

Great shots - I'll hopefully be able to visit New Hythe tomorrow - you've done a good marketing job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home