Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday 24th March

Very cold but bright for my visit between 6.30 and 8am today, at last the wind has dropped.

A Green Sandpiper was on the scrape and the first of 6 Chiffchaff was singing as I started my walk. Green and Great Spotted Woodpecker were calling, with the latter drumming. I crossed the railway and walked along the Medway, 2 Lesser Black Backs were on the river as well as 6 Teal and a few Stock Dove were around. The first of 5 Cettis called.

Brooklands Lake had 20+ sand martin zooming around over it and along the Millstream I added 3 Sparrowhawk and a Grey Wagtail, and at last, a Little Egret (77 for the year) on the scrape, my first here for the year - although it has been present for weeks.

SAND MARTIN - BROOKLANDS LAKE

3 Comments:

At 5:24 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Sounds like you great day, with some super species being seen. You've taken some fantastic photos of the Sand Martin in flight!

 
At 5:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,

Nice Sand Martin flight shots. I was round on Firday, and Monday from 7.45-11 so must have just missed you! It was nice to see (and hear!) the chiff chaffs - they don't seem to have made it to P'boro yet.

Hope you had a good Easter.

Greg

 
At 6:03 pm, Blogger Warren Baker said...

I just love those sand martin shots steve, gives me some real enthusiasm to get out and look around my patch - wish I had a decent lake!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home