Saturday, June 09, 2007

Saturday 9th June

I was out for an hour and a half from 5.30am today. It was warm but very overcast.

A Nightingale was in full song by the Water Works as I arrived and 6 Swift and a Great Spotted Woodpecker went over. The regular Water Vole was by the divers car park bridge and I watched it for a few minutes before heading into the West Scrub. Plenty of Pyramidal Orchid out here now and a few Common Spotted (including a few white ones) and 3 Bee Orchid. The light was too dull to try and pictures this morning - maybe tomorrow. A Cettis called here before I walked across the east scrub. The number of rabbits here now have increased dramatically over the past few years - also a few black ones here.

Around Abbey Mead, a Lesser Whitethroat rattled as well as 3 Cettis, 2 further Nightingale and 3 Reed Warbler. Around Brooklands with only Reed Warblers of note and a further Cettis. The walk back along the Millstream was quiet apart from common bird song and it began to drizzle so I was back in doors by 7am.

A few notes from around my village of Birling today - Skylark singing all day from the field next to my house, Goldcrest also in constant song in Birling churchyard. Red Admiral and curiously a fly past Banded Demoiselle were also noted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home