Saturday, February 24, 2007

Saturday 24th February

A visit between 7am and 9am today.

The first of 4 Cettis called from the Millstream, along with a Water Rail. As I walked towards the railway a small group of Long Tailed Tit passed through along with a Green Woodpecker and a single Jay.

Over towards Abbey Mead a few Redwing were in the bushes near the railway line. I walked along the Medway, a Woodpecker drummed from the far bank and 2 Little Grebe were down river. The Herony now numbers in the region of 15 birds. 2 Shelduck were on the river as well as a few Teal.

I lingered at the sunken marsh but it was quiet apart from a few Reed Bunting, 2 Cettis and a Water Rail calling.

I scanned Brooklands for the Ferruginous but couldn't locate it today. I did however had a probable Med Gull over. I wont count it towards my list but pretty certain.

The last of the 4 Cettis called along the Millstream. The only other bird of note was a Goldfinch near the Water works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home