Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Tuesday 30th Jaunuary

A visit today between 10am and 11.30 - I had my 1 year old in a push chair so I parked on Lundsford Lane and walked from there. As I wasn't going to try and lift the pushchair over the railway I didn't look at Abbey Mead.

A scan of Alders as I arrived and a pair of Goldeneye were relatively close.


GOLDENEYE drake and female on Alders

I then had a good look at Tesco Lake. Plenty of Gulls on here, mostly BH as usual but a few LBB and 30 or so Herring Gull and a smattering of Common Gulls. A Wren showed well near this lake.

WREN

10 Lapwings took off from the scrape as I approached and there were a few Goldfinch/Greenfinch and Chaffinch flitting about in the tree tops by the Millstream. I walked down to Brook House and again scanned the gulls. Nothing of particular note - a few Redwing over and a loose flock of LT Tits.

BLACK HEADED GULL on BROOK HOUSE LAKE

I took a quick walk down the Millstream and to Brooklands Lake. A single Cettis called on route and Mistle Thrush was on the grass adjacent to the Water Works and a Brown Rat across the path - I don't see that many Rats here which always strikes me as odd. This GC Grebe showed close to the bank on Brooklands. The Ferruginous didn't show in a brief look on Brooklands.


GREAT CRESTED GREBE - Brooklands Lake

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home