Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Wednesday 31st January

Two visits today! One with the pram 10am to 11.30am and then on my own 4pm to 5.30pm.

This morning I parked on Lundsford Lane. As I got out of the car a Goldcrest called nearby. We walked towards past Tesco Lake and I could see something in a tree near to the scrape. It turned out to be a Little Egret, (67 for the year) which flew off onto the scrape. There were also c5 Lapwing on the scrape.

A few Redwing flew over near the East scrub. I also photographed this Robin there which has a ring on it's leg. Obviously couldn't make out the number.

ROBIN (with ring)

I pushed on (literally) down the Millstream.....on the way back I saw my first Red Admiral of the year and heard a Chiffchaff calling.

Back towards the car I decided to have another quick scan of the scrape - glad I did as I added another new bird for the year - a Green Sandpiper - (68 for the year)

BLACKBIRD

This evening I was back on my own to try and get a good view of the Firecrest. Again I heard it as the light was going at the north end of Abbey Mead. 5 Shelduck on Abbey Mead, with another 3 on the Medway. Also a Bullfinch calling here.

As I began to walk back around Brooklands at 5pm I saw a Bittern high up in the reeds near the fisherman's building. I walked back along the Millstream and saw 3 Water Vole on the Millstream. First I have seen here for a while. I checked the Millstream Bittern spot and saw my second Bittern of the evening again high up in the reeds and flapping to get it's balance - that was at 5.25pm.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home