Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday 24th January

A visit today between 8.15 and 10.30.


It took a while today to get properly light so only took photo's in the last hour of my visit. Good numbers of Redwing and Fieldfare in the West Scrub and the heronry on the Medway is very active now. A trudge through the Sunken Marsh and found my first Cettis of the year. Not much else here but good to see the numbers of Reed Bunting and Bullfinch remaining high for the area. A Sparrowhawk flapped and glided along the Medway where there were around 40 Teal.




Back over to Little Lunsford Lake and only one Goldeneye there today. Managed to get a few pics as the light had improved.



Another visit late on for Bittern and luckily enough one landed in the reeds at the end of the Millstream Lake at 5pm. A few Water Rail calling and Fieldfare/Redwing over.

4 Comments:

At 4:13 pm, Blogger alan woodcock said...

Nice pics of the Goldeneye Steve.

 
At 10:24 pm, Blogger Tony Morris said...

It's amazing how Goldeneye's display in their winter quarters. I've seem then displaying in December, I wonder if they've already aired up?

 
At 5:19 pm, Blogger Warren Baker said...

Hi Steve,
In answer to your tawny owl question left in my comment box - No I didn't get it in my bins! I couldn't find where it was!

 
At 4:20 pm, Anonymous Nicolas said...

Very creativee post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home