Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday 5th October

I have been so busy lately that I haven't been able to get out. I did however manage a visit today between 3.45 and 5.30. It was a lovely sunny day with clear blue skies.


There has been a notable increase in duck here since my last visit - mainly Tufted, but a few Shoveler as well and a Teal on the river. Lots of Common Darter around and a few Migrant Hawker, also a Fox seen on the river and a single Grass Snake, Common Lizard and Slow Worm.

Other sightings of note were 5+ Cettis singing, a juv Green Woodpecker and a mixed flock of c100 BH and Common Gull and a Kingfisher on the pit by the railway. A path has been created through the sunken marsh which now gives good views down the river. Hopefully I can get out early at some stage over the weekend and see if any waders drop in. Someone was shooting there this afternoon so there was no chance of finding anything.


COMMON LIZARD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home