Friday, April 06, 2007

Friday 6th April

A visit between 06.30 and 8.00 this morning.

As I arrived 6 Shelduck flew over my head and headed towards Tesco Lake. A Water Vole showed really well at the end of the Millstream and a Green Woodpecker called. The first of 8 Blackcap was in song. The sunrise was spectacular but didn't reveal any new migrants at all.

Crossing the railway a heavy mist hung over Abbey Mead. Walking along the river I added 1 Redshank and two further Shelduck. Still waiting for the influx of migrants though.

Between 6 and 7 I went for a walk from my house up towards Paddlesworth, one Grey Wagtail, 3 Peacock, one distant white butterfly (could have been anyone of the three 'small white' to be honest - f. Orange Tip/Green Veined or Small)

I did try to get some decent pictures of the Stitchwort that is lining the hedge banks at the moment.


STITCHWORT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home