Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tuesday 10th April

A longer than usual visit between 6.20 and 11.15am today.

Only one Willow Warbler today singing in the West scrub area. The best bird of the day today was an incredibly early Turtle Dove seen by myself and Jerry Warne on the wires above the sunken marsh, at the North End of Abbey Mead - their usual spot but very early. Apart from this 3 Teal and a Shelduck off the Medway and still good numbers of singing Blackcap, Chiffchaff and Cettis. A Kingfisher was seen on the Millstream Lake.

Later in the morning I found 9 Slow Worm in the East Scrub area and one Peacock in the West Scrub. Also a male Orange Tip - my third of the year around Tesco Lake. Later in Trottiscliffe I found my first Small White of the year.

YOUNG FEMALE SLOW WORM IN EAST SCRUB AREA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home