Saturday, May 13, 2006

Saturday 13th May


Up from 3am this morning with our youngest. Managed to get him back to sleep just before 5 so I was at New Hythe by 05.15 this morning.


This Nightingale was singing from right next to the car as I pulled up - one of 8 that I had singing this morning.

A Common Sandpiper is still on the scrape with a few Swifts wizzing over. As I walked over the bridge and crossed the open area I had 2 Cuckoo calling and then had excellent views, for once, of one of the Lesser Whitethroat.

I crossed the railway and walked around Abbey Mead pit. There were 2 Common Terns at the far end of the pit and several Cettis singing but remaining hidden.

Once I got to Brooklands Lake the Common Terns had moved here and there were at least 6 Reed Warblers singing.

Down the millstream a Grey Wagtail flew over and several Sedge Warblers were singing on the far bank.

Home by 07.30

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home