Friday, May 12, 2006

Friday 12th May

Another dawn visit to New Hythe today. I hadn't really planned to visit this morning but I was woken up at 4.45 by both a calling Cuckoo and Little Owl in Birling. A great way to start the day.

I arrived at a misty New Hythe at 05.20. Another Cuckoo was calling as I arrived by the Water Works entrance and the two Nightingale in that area were singing loudly.

Nothing of note on the scrape, several singing Reed and Sedge Warbler in the reedbeds and a couple of Lesser Whitethroat rattling in the open area. A couple more Nightingale singing around Abbey Mead and another Lesser Whitethroat.

I walked along the edge of Brookland Lake where 2 Cettis were calling and 2 Common Terns were flying around and mobbing a Herring Gull.

Walking back along the Millstream a Sparrowhawk flew over and I added a Garden Warbler.

Not a spectacular morning bird wise. No Hirundines at all and I have still to add Hobby to my New Hythe year list...perhaps this weekend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home