Sunday, November 26, 2006

November 25 2006

Visit this morning between 09.15 and 10.30. A Song Thrush was singing away as I parked by the Water Works entrance. Again no birds of significance on the scrape so after a quick check of one of the regular Bittern spots (no sign) I reversed my route and walked down the Millstream towards Brooklands car park. 20+ Goldfinch and a long tailed tit flock in the bushes and Alders. 6 Cormorant and 40 Black Headed Gulls on the Millstream Lake, with 2 Shoveler and 5 Gadwall.

ALDER

Around to Brooklands Lake I heard my first of 2 Cettis Warbler, but no sign of the Fudge Duck. A Water Rail screeched from the reeds as I walked around. 40+ Pochard here, a couple of Teal flew up from the river.

Around Abbey Mead, a few Redwing in the bushes as well as a calling Bullfinch and another small LT tit flock.

OLD MAN'S BEARD

Very quiet as I crossed the railway track and walked back to my car. I drove around to Alders Lake. Good numbers of Black Headed Gulls and Coots here but not much else of interest. 50+ Herring Gull on Tescos Lake.

In the afternoon I was driving back from London and as the visibility was good I decided to drive via Wrotham Water Lane back through Trottiscliffe to Birling. I am always convincing myself I will see a Buzzard here as the view across the North Downs is so good. As I rounded a corner sure enough there was a Common Buzzard sitting in a field - I got to withinh 50 feet of it in the car as it fed on worms. Really pleased with that. Quite annoying in some ways though as I could see New Hythe in the distance and I haven't got Common Buzzard on my New Hythe list this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home