Sunday, May 09, 2010

Sunday 9th May second post evening visit

I don't normally get the chance to visit in the evening but managed to wear the kids out enough to get them to sleep at a reasonable hour and after this mornings disappointing visit I thought I would have a stab again for a wader on the Medway. Phil had Common Sand and Greenshank this week and I haven't even had the Green Sandpiper........

When I arrived the river was full. I scanned from the small wood by the outflow but nothing around. I walked through the sunken marsh and then decided to scan down the Medway before returning home in the failing light. Glad I did as I made out a spanking summer plumaged Grey Plover down river. I broke into a jog and fired off loads of shots at ISO 1250 (hence the quality) A New Hythe tick for me (my third for the year after Alpine Swift and Whimbrel)




Grey Plover
A minimum of 300 Swift over and around Brooklands as well and a Cuckoo calling were other records.

Swift

6 Comments:

At 10:40 pm, Blogger Phil said...

Brilliant Steve. A well deserved tick. I'll be down tomorrow morning to try and add it to my list!

 
At 11:10 pm, Blogger Steve said...

I hope you get it Phil. Fingers crossed for some more good birds over the next few weeks....

 
At 11:30 pm, Blogger Ken. said...

Hi Steve.
First of all your Reed Warbler with nesting material is a great photo, also I like the third shot of the Grey Plover showing off it's black arm pit. A good find.

 
At 1:40 pm, Blogger Warren Baker said...

Nice find Steve! I bet you're chuffed to bits with that. Such a good feeling to get a patch tick :-)

 
At 6:48 pm, Blogger Greenie said...

Steve ,
Brilliant sighting for your patch .
Well done

 
At 9:59 pm, Anonymous Bronx Medical Malpractice said...

Wonderful shots. The detail and macro shots are excellent.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home